June 16 – Reviving the role of the man
1. To be a man or woman? Which is more difficult?
Even the Bible has high standards for man
(1) Spiritual pursuit:
“Therefore, I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.” 1 Tim 2:8
(2) Undertake as a leader
“For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.” Eph 5:23
– being the head does not mean higher standing, but having more responsibility. Being a man, either at home or at church means being the head, you make decisions and are responsible for the consequences.
(3) Pouring out sacrifice
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her” Ephesians 5:25
– being the head does not mean you are served by others, but must be like Christ, sacrificing himself to love the people around them.
2. The expectation of man in society is high，sometimes it’s even higher than our grandfather and father generations.
Post-industrialization in the west, young man appears to lose their identity: Post-industrialization, the service market is higher than hard labor. Man, no longer holds the edge in the job market.
Suicide rate among young men are gradually rising. On average, suicide rate in man is higher than woman by 3-6 times, except in China.
Why is this?
(1) Because the times are changing, the society’s image requirements for men are gradually changing, and men who cannot adapt can easily use extreme ways to deal with it.
過去:Man 1.0 = Masculine
現在:Man 2.0 = Masculine + Feminine
(2) The three reasons man do not seek help:
a The Man Code
b .How men respond to their feelings
Part 1 – Men aren’t comfortable with the feelings that come with asking for help
Part 2 – Men don’t value the feelings of connection and intimacy that come from asking for help
c. Men don’t want to be judged
(3) The absence of father’s love: Children are better performers if they grew up with a father
3.The biblical creation of man is to become a friend of God:
(1) The destiny was to work in the garden: (Gen 2 15-18)
Here we can see not only why man was created, but why God created humanity “in charge of living creatures and manage this land.” Man must also spend alone time with God!
(2) Alone, man gave names of animals: Gen 2 19-20
This passage reveals that Adam had the creativity and wisdom from God, he was able to give names to all creatures in air and land, creating all these different words and names
(3) Man and woman grow together, become Man 2.0.