Welcome to CROLCC, we are so glad you are here worshiping with us. We have been talking about what makes us happy and so far we said no thing makes us happy. Last week we were looking at Jesus’ famous sermon, sermon on the mount and we learned about what it means to be happy. We concluded that happiness is about an outcome. We need to sow and reap our way to happiness. Even though happiness is not immediate, it will eventually come because of the principle of sowing and reaping. So now we have a second answer to our questions what makes us happy – sowing.
Today we are going back to something we said in week one that happy people are at peace with God, themselves, and others. The three are connected . . . and they begin with God. Peace with God paves the way to peace with ourselves and equips us to make peace with others. Do you want to find peace with God today?
Peace with God is possible because God has made peace with you. Your heavenly Father is looking for you whether or not you are looking for him. Why refuse God’s offer of peace? You can experience that peace when you stop resisting and striving, and begin to surrender. Peace with God begins by faith in Christ. Peace with God is sustained by submission to Christ.
Changing Your Mind
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.
1. What comes to mind when you hear the word “sin”? To what extent do you think that word is relevant to your daily life?
2. Read Romans 5:12–19. Does peace with God through Jesus Christ sound too easy? Why or why not?
3. Read 1 John 4:20. What does this verse say about how God values you and other people? In what ways does it challenge your assumptions about what it means to have a relationship with God?
4. Is it difficult for you to believe that peace with God is possible? Why or why not?
5. What is something that stands in the way of your peace with God? What is one thing you can do this week to begin to surrender that area of your life? What can this group do to support you?